Thursday, October 18, 2012

Love and Hate

The in-game model
My wife's favorite game of all time is Fallout: New Vegas, and her favorite weapon to use in that game is a pair of brass knuckles called "Love and Hate". For her birthday one year I decided to make these for her.

I didn't exactly photodocument their construction at all, but at least I can put these pictures here. The main part was made out of MDF, the letters were cut out of thin balsa wood, and the spikes were a wooden dowel sharpened with a pencil sharpener.

 Spraypainted with a metallic brass finish, then some polyurethane spray on top.

I recognize that they're far from perfect, but I was under the wire and not all that proficient with, well, making stuff. The important part is that she loved them. At the time, I only had a coping saw to cut the MDF, so it came out pretty bad. With my current tools, I feel like I could probably do a whole lot better. In fact, maybe I'll give it another try...

No comments:

Post a Comment